Do you stretch your quad by bending your knee and bringing your foot to your butt or stretch you hamstrings by bending at the hips and touching your toes?
Active, dynamic stretches that take your body through all planes of motion, which increases the circulation to loosen up your body before a run and to prevent stiffness. Dynamic stretches are also more functional because they mimic the natural way we move when walking and running.
- Toe Raise to Heel Raise – 10 repetitions (reps)
- Alternating High Knee – 10 reps (each side)
- Side Step to Reach – 10 reps (each side)
- Deep Squat to Hamstrings Stretch – 10 reps
- Deep Squat to Rotation – 10 reps (each side)
- Perform each drill back to back with NO Rest
- 1 Round only BEFORE your Run
Functional, three-dimensional movements are one of the most effective ways to get set your body up for a successful training experience. Do you want 10 Minutes warm up routine to get your body ready and prevent injury?
Click here to learn more about Achieve 3D Warm Up.
Thanks for being here!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.